These are the reasonable recommendations that Trump made for election integrity in his rally speech that Democrats claimed “incited violence” on Jan. 6: requirements for voter ID and proof of American citizenship, banning ballot harvesting, prohibiting unsecured drop boxes, stopping universal unsolicited mail-in balloting, cleaning up voter rolls, and curbing Big Tech monopolies on one-sided information flow.
Under the sloppy election-integrity circumstances of the 2020 presidential election, people have a right to be suspicious about the outcome of an election decided in the Electoral College by a mere aggregate of less than 45,000 votes spread out over three states, out of over 150 million cast nationally. At his Jan. 6 speech, Trump spelled it out easily for the Republican National Committee to understand:
- “Pass … requirements for voter ID. You need an ID to cash a check, you need an ID to go to a bank, to buy alcohol, to drive a car; every person should need to show an ID in order to cast your most important thing, a vote.”
- “We will also require proof of American citizenship in order to vote in American elections.”
- “We will ban ballot harvesting and prohibit the use of unsecured drop boxes to commit rampant fraud. These drop boxes are fraudulent. They … disappear, and then all of the sudden, they show up.”
- “We will stop the practice of universal unsolicited mail-in balloting.”
- “We will clean up the voter rolls and ensure that every single person who cast a vote is a citizen of our country, a resident of the state in which they vote, and their vote is cast in a lawful and honest manner.”
- “We will restore the vital civic tradition of in-person voting on election day.”
- “We will finally hold big tech accountable…. Get rid of Section 230, something that no other company, no other person in America, in the world has. All of these tech monopolies are going to abuse their power and interfere in our elections, and it has to be stopped…. They should be regulated, investigated, and brought to justice under the fullest extent of the law.”
While Ronna McDaniel and the RNC have a plan to spend millions of dollars to fund a “Never Trumper” Task Force which will refuse to acknowledge the 2020 election fraud or do anything to reverse it, grassroots efforts are cultivating support to push through legislation on the state level to ban vote by mail, ban electronic voting machines, and require voter ID. You can join the grassroots effort by visiting www.HoldtheLinePAC.com.